Our services will help fight the problems from the impact of Mental Illness and address the needs in the community, such as:
* Serious mental illness costs America $193.2 billion in lost earnings per year
* Mood disorders such as depression are the third most common cause of hospitalization in the U.S.
for both youth and adults ages 18 to 44.
* Individuals living with serious mental illness face an increased risk of having chronic medical
* Adults living with serious mental illness die on average 25 years earlier than other Americans,
largely due to treatable medical conditions
* Over 50 % of students with a mental health condition age 14 and older who are served by special
education drop out−the highest dropout rate of any disability group
* Suicide is the tenth leading cause of death in the U.S. and the third leading cause of death for ages
15 to 24 years
* More than 90 % of those who die by suicide had one or more mental disorders
Population in Iredell county NC is 166,675 individuals, with 24.2 % being under 18 years old. The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) states that one in four adults, approximately 41,669 of the Iredell county population experiences mental illness in a given year. And approximately 60 percent of these adults (18,951), and almost one-half of these youth (5,042) with a mental illness received no mental health services in the previous year.